The past two days have brought great beach days, but very hot and humid temperatures! Today was a record breaker in Boston, and as I drove to RI, my thermometer said 101! I know I am always looking for ways to stay cool, here are a few tips for you too!
1. I cannot stress this enough- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! (I sound like my mom, but she is so right!) Especially in the Summer, try and drink a nice cold water every hour! Stay away from caffeine and alcohol, they will dehydrate you.
2. You will never find me on a beach without a baseball cap or sun hat either on my head or in my bag. It is so important to protect your scalp and face from the sun and a hat is a great way to do this. p.s. sunglasses are another must!
3. A light colored cotton tunic is great for the beach. If it is windy you won’t be chilly, but when the sun is beating down, it is a nice way to protect your skin from the sun. Cotton is a very breathable fabric so you won’t feel as though you are suffocating.
4. If you’ve been good…
5. Especially at the beach, always bring swimwear! I usually have it in my car just in case. You never know when you may need to cool off!
6. Always wear sunscreen, at least spf 30! When I was a lifeguard, I used spf 70 everyday to protect my skin and applied it frequently. Remember, how you treat your skin now, will determine how healthy it is later!
What are your tips for staying cool in the Summer?